Sunday, March 27, 2011

The joy of cooking?

Today I made cut out cookies. Bunnies....hoping that it would make me feel more spring-like. I was planning on making this great homemade icing recipe I found at Christmas....To the cupboard I go for powder sugar. What !!! It is almost all gone!? No matter I have a 1/2 a can of pink frosting left in the refrigerator from another baking project; perfect for bunnies right?....Again... what? the empty can is left in the frig! Wait I know.....The kids were home all week on spring break! I ask Erin about the frosting....She tells me it is really yummy on toast! I guess I will frost the cookies tomorrow. :-) I have also been informed by Colleen that bargain brand hot cocoa mix needs extra powder sugar.... LOL! I am joyful that my kids are so sweet! 

1 comment:

  1. I remember finding an opened container of chocolate frosting with a spoon in it hiding in Matt's bedroom!

    Quiet time was my joy today. Ed went golfing after church and I had the entire afternoon to myself. Solitude can be such a joy.....I wasted the whole time doing nothing!

    ReplyDelete