Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Watching your kids sleep.

Isn't there something that just touches your heart and makes you all warm inside when you watch your little ones sleeping? That is Joy. I haven't experienced this particular joy in a while since both my kids are in their early teens.....But along comes Monday morning of Spring Break. I go upstairs to let the girls know that I am off to work. I stop dead in my tracks. That joy is back and just as sweet as it ever was. Their sleeping faces so beautiful and peaceful. Hair everywhere, blankets in a pile.... a beagle picks up her head and looks over someone bum....a little snore sounds from the other room....Kind of the same scenario over there too...blanket almost over her head...a soft voice says "hi mom" the spell is broken....I hand out smooches and say "see you later girls.... sleep a while longer....."  Zzz.

1 comment:

  1. Joy is sitting on the couch with my husband just sharing the quiet. Priceless and perfect!

    ReplyDelete