Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Dog Days of summer

Can you believe it? They are here! The dog days of summer…Those sweltering days where all you want to do is find a quiet spot and TRY to stay cool. The weather man said this morning that we have already lost 24 minutes of day light since June 21st (the first day of summer). Where does the time go??! I have already started some “back to School” shopping. Well... time does fly here in Wisconsin where we wait all winter for summer to come only to turn around and burn it up one weekend at a time with a myriad of different activities and social obligations. So in spite of the heat I can find Joy during these “dog days”. Hiding in my air-conditioning I have….Plenty of time to knit on my prayer shawl that someone unknown to me today will receive in the future…. Plenty of time to read a good book. Plenty of time for video games with the kids are always fun…..


These dog days are my mid-summer break. The garden is planted. The chicks are are now chickens and moved from my front porch into their coop. My kids are all done with their spring/ summer activities. Therefore I get a little me-time before all the busyness of back to school and harvest time. God’s timing is always perfect and for that I am grateful!

 To everything there is a season,

A time for every purpose under heaven ~Ecclesiastes 3:1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment