Friday, March 25, 2011

The joy of seeing old friends!

A wicked winter/spring storm on Tuesday and Wednesday that brought thunder snow, sleet, wind, and many inches of unwanted snow found me working in an office space I haven't seen in about 10 years. The thought of driving 32 miles in bad weather turned the wheel on my car and I pulled into the Mercy employee parking lot Wednesday morning. As I walked into the department I used to work in all those years ago I was greeted with surprised smiles! After asking if I could work at a free computer in the "class room" I set up shop as best I could. Computers are wonderful..They make my work mobile...But old friends I haven't seen in years are a joy! I caught up with Lindy...now pleased as punch to be the grandma of 3.....Missy has 4 children now! Brian has 4 teenagers and doesn't feel the least bit sorry for me since I only have 2!!!! Gail is doing great. Jan has glasses but her smile and laugh is just the same. Connie and I had a nice chat! What a wonderful day I had. It was as if I never left....Maybe I never did! Thanks friends! I hope we always bring each other joy!

1 comment:

  1. We have been going to daily celebrations in honor of Hawaiian Prince Kuhio. He was the "citizen's prince" and did much to protect the Hawaiian people. We are fortunate to be staying in the area of his birth -thus the week long celebration. There has only been one other couple that has been to all of the events. What a joy it was to sit and talk with Cindy and John from Sonoma, California. they are here in Hawaii celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary! That is a true joy! They also share the aloha spirit that we love here.

    ReplyDelete